How to Block Online Bookings.
How to "Block a Session"
Use this if you are open but would like to stop online bookings for the following:
- a non-reoccurring particular time slot (ie: only next Wednesday from 3pm-8pm)
- an individual session for one specific day (ie: lunch or dinner)
- a full day
If you "block a session" it will stop online bookings. If someone tries to book during a blocked session, a message will appear: "There may be some table available please call the restaurant on xxx to make a booking".
This is different from a "closure" in opening hours. Blocking a session is not the best tool to use if you are actually closed, as the restaurant will not be marked as closed on that day/time. If you are closing for a day or a series of days, please check out our help doc for CLOSURES.
To Block a Session:
- Open your E. Diary (TMS).
- Go to the day you'd like to block online bookings.
- Right click on the grid (not a booking, it must be in the white section of the grid), in the session you'd like to block and choose "block session". Please note, some computers don't allow for right click. If this is you, please call us for assistance.
- The default is for an entire session block. ie: by clicking on the Lunch session in the grid, it will default to blocking the entire lunch session, in this example, it's 11:30am-4:30pm.
- Use the drop down times to amend start and end times.
- Click "block". Visually you will see the blocked time/area turn pink. This equals an internet block.
To Edit/delete a Blocked Session:
- Go to the day you'd like to edit your block and find the pink block.
- Right click on the pink block (not a booking, it must be in the pink section of the grid), and choose "unblock session".
- From here you can change the area from All to a specific area. You can click on the time to edit it using the drop down menu.
- If you wish to delete the block, right click on the line and hit "delete". Please do not change the block from block to unblock, deleting it is cleaner.
Things to keep in mind:
- TMS times are inclusive- blocking 2pm-3pm = no bookings at 2pm, 2:30pm, or 3pm. The next open booking will be at 3:30pm.
- Some computers do not allow for right clicking. These are older POS machines, or Macs with certain set ups. Please call us for assistance.